The Commissioner, Regulatory Operations decided to:
- amend, under the NVR Act s 36(2)(d), the RTO’s scope of registration to remove:
- CHC50115 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood and Care
with effect 35 calendar days after the date the RTO is given written notice of the decision.
Following AAT review, the parties reached an agreement.
It is decided by consent that the decision is set aside and in substitution, the qualifications are not removed from the applicant's scope.
The Tribunal noted that the RTO agreed to the imposition of the following conditions on its registration under s 29 of the NVR Act:
- the applicant must ensure that documented training and assessment strategies specify the approach to meeting the specific requirements of different student cohorts, including:
- students currently working in child care centres;
- students with child care experience but not currently working in child care;
- students with no child care experience and no current child care employment;
- the applicant must revise/develop a suite of documents and resources to establish and manage arrangements for training delivery and assessment at child care workplaces that includes:
- clarifying/specifying employment status of students, undertaking training at the workplace;
- identifying and specifying the roles of workplace personnel that will be involved in training and assessment activities;
- identifying and specifying the facilities and resources required at workplace;
- specifying training and assessment activities at the workplace including estimated hours, sequence, and timetable;
- develop a procedure manual describing how agreements for workplace training and delivery will be established and managed on an ongoing basis;
- documentation arising from conditions a.i. and b. must be provided to ASQA within 20 days (by 19 August 2020).
- documentation arising from conditions a.ii. and a.iii. must be provided to ASQA prior to enrolment of the specified student cohort; and
- documentation arising from condition c. must be retained by the applicant for the duration of its registration.
Note: The decision was stayed by the AAT from 15 October 2019 to 30 July 2020 subject to the following conditions:
- the applicant must not enrol any new students in the qualifications listed in this order; and
- the applicant must publish (and/or cause to be published) a statement in any and all of its marketing material that may be accessed by prospective students to be worded as follows:
EduNext Pty Ltd (trading as EduNex Training) is not accepting enrolments in the following qualifications until further notice:
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood and Care.