The Commissioners decided to:
- Amend, under the NVR Act s 36(2)(d), the RTO’s scope of registration to remove:
- SIT30816 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- SIT40516 Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- SIT50416 Diploma of Hospitality Management and
- any new training package product that would be automatically added to the scope of registration because it is equivalent to one which appears above
with effect 35 calendar days after the date the provider is given written notice of the decision.
Following AAT review, the parties reached an agreement.
The decision to amend scope is set aside and in substitution, the parties agree to ASQA imposing the following conditions under s 29 of the NVR Act:
- The Applicant must retain and present to ASQA on request any training assessment records for all VET students for all VET courses for a period of two (2) years from the date on which the student ceases to be a student.
- The Applicant must notify ASQA immediately on recommencement of training in the qualifications amended and cancelled by the reviewable decisions (the qualifications).
- The Applicant must for all assessment in the qualifications commencing from the date of this decision for the period of its registration maintain a record of the following in relation to the assessment:
- the location;
- the nature, time and duration of the activity;
- the student ID of the student where relevant;
- the identity of the trainer/assessor conducting the training or assessment activity; and
- a detailed description of the activity and any outcome.
- Where an assessment requires a simulated or industry realistic customer to student ratio the Applicant must, commencing from the date of this decision for the period of its registration, maintain a complete attendance record that includes:
- whether the person attended in their capacity as a student or as an acting customer for each relevant activity; and
- where the person attended as an acting customer, the first and last name of that individual, their signature and email address.
- The Applicant must for the period of its registration, retain completed resource checklists for each unit of competency to be provided to the Respondent on request.