The Commissioners decided to:
- Reject, under the NVR Act s 17, the application for renewal of registration as an RTO in full, to include all qualifications and accredited courses as listed in the National Register.
Following AAT review, the parties reached an agreement.
It is decided by consent that the decision is set aside and in substitution it is decided that:
- the RTO's application for renewal of registration as a RTO is granted under sections 17 and 31 of the NVR Act for a period of 5 years commencing on 27 October 2019;
- the following conditions are imposed on the RTO's registration under section 29 of the NVR Act:
- the RTO must securely retain and present to ASQA on request, all completed student assessment records (including any remedial or gap assessment) for all VET students for all VET courses for 18 months. This condition applies for the duration of the RTO's registration; and
- for 2 years the RTO must maintain and present to ASQA on request a register of all workplace visits by trainers or assessors. That register must include:
- the name of the workplace;
- the date, time and duration of the visit;
- the name of the trainer or assessor conducting the visit;
- the name and student ID of the student being assessed;
- the name or the student's supervisor and that supervisor's contact details, and
- the units of competency that were assessed.