The Commissioners decided to:
- Reject, under the NVR Act s 17, the Application for renewal of registration as an RTO in full, to include:
- HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage Therapy
- HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage
- SHB30115 Certificate III in Beauty Services
- SHB30215 Certificate III in Make-Up
- SHB30315 Certificate III in Nail Technology
- SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid.
The provider applied to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) for a review of the decision but subsequently withdrew their application. The application is now dismissed.
Note: On 2 August 2019, the decision has been stayed by the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) subject to the following conditions:
- the Applicant must not graduate any students without the consent of the Respondent;
- the Applicant must not advertise for any further courses in the future, or at any time, until further order;
- the Applicant must not accept any new enrolments from students;
- the Applicant must provide the Respondent with access to documents in relation to the following courses currently on offer:
- Certificate III in Beauty Services (Course Code: SHB30115); and
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy (Course Code: SHB50115);
- the Applicant must provide access to documents in relation to the qualifications of trainers who are training students in these courses.