The Commissioners decided to:
- Reject, under the NVR Act s 17, the application for renewal of registration as an RTO in full, to include:
- SHB20116 Certificate II in Retail Cosmetics
- SHB30115 Certificate III in Beauty Services
- SHB30315 Certificate III in Nail Technology
- SHB40115 Certificate IV in Beauty Therapy
- SHB50115 Diploma of Beauty Therapy
- SHB60118 Advanced Diploma of Intense Pulsed Light and Laser for Hair Reduction
- SIB70110 Graduate Certificate in Intense Pulsed Light and Laser Hair Reduction.
The provider applied to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) for a review of the decision but subsequently withdrew their review application.
Note: On 27 September 2019, the decision was stayed by the AAT subject to the following conditions:
- The Applicant must not enrol any new students;
- The Applicant must not issue any qualifications or statements of attainment to students who complete their VET course after 26 September 2019, unless the student has undertaken any necessary gap assessment or re-assessment and has satisfactorily demonstrated the appropriate competencies; and
- The Application must not use any qualifications or statements of attainment to students who complete their VET course after 26 September 2019 on the basis of prior learning.