The Commissioners decided to:
- reject, under the NVR Act s 17, the application for renewal of registration as an RTO in full, to include:
- AVI50215 Diploma of Aviation (Commercial Pilot Licence- Aeroplane)
- AVI50415 Diploma of Aviation (Instrument Rating)
- AVI50516 Diploma of Aviation (Instructor Rating)
with effect 35 calendar days after the date the RTO is given written notice of the decision.
Following AAT review, the parties reached an agreement as to the terms of a decision of the Tribunal.
The Tribunal decided:
- The decision under section 17 of the NVR Act to reject the Applicant's application for renewal of registration as a RTO in full is set aside and in substitution, the Applicant's application for renewal is granted, and
- pursuant to section 17(5) of the NVR Act, the Applicant's registration is renewed for a period of five (5) years commencing from the date of these orders.