The Vocational Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework comprises the:
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- Fit and Proper Person Requirements
- Financial Viability Risk Assessment Requirements
- Data Provision Requirements, and
- Australian Qualifications Framework.
The VET Quality Framework aims to achieve greater consistency in:
- the registration and monitoring of RTOs, and
- the enforcement of standards in the VET sector.
To become a registered training organisation (RTO), organisations must comply with every component of the framework.
The Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 are the standards ASQA uses to ensure nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment across Australia's VET system.
Compliance with the standards is a requirement for all ASQA registered training organisations.
The Fit and Proper Person Requirements are designed to ensure that key registered training organisation (RTO) personnel have the characteristics and principles necessary to ensure the delivery of high-quality services and outcomes for VET graduates.
These requirements are set to protect and inspire confidence in the VET system, and to safeguard Australia’s reputation as a premier provider of VET (both locally and internationally).
The Fit and Proper Person Requirements determine standards of behaviour by individuals who are in a position to influence an RTO's management.
For the purpose of subsection 186(2) of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011, the Fit and Proper Person Requirements are at schedule 3 of Attachment A within the Standards.
The Financial Viability Risk Assessment Requirements ensure that organisations can demonstrate their financial viability to deliver high-quality training to VET students.
The Data Provision Requirements 2012 ensure RTOs provide ASQA with a range of accurate and complete data about their business and operations.
These requirements allow ASQA to identify trends and risks within the industry, and to to further monitor and improve Australia's word-class VET system.
The Data Provision Requirements also ensure ASQA has a record of all student records, qualifications and statements of attainment.
- Meeting the data provision requirements—quality indicator data
- Meeting the data provision requirements—total VET activity data
- Read the answers to frequently asked questions on data provision requirements
The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) establishes the quality of Australian qualifications.
The AQF is the national policy for regulated qualifications in the Australian education and training system. It incorporates the quality assured qualifications from each education and training sector into a single comprehensive national qualifications framework.
- Understand the requirements of the AQF: the AQF Second Edition January 2013 provides the complete set of AQF policies and objectives and information about the governing and monitoring arrangements for the AQF. Implementation arrangements for the revised AQF are also included.