When you apply to renew RTO registration:
- Submit your application using asqanet.
- Ensure that your application is complete and all required fees have been paid in full at least 90 days before your registration is due to expire.
All RTOs seeking to renew their registration must be able to demonstrate that:
- they are fulfilling all obligations to learners and clients
- they have effective governance and administration arrangements in place, and
- they are delivering quality training and assessment outcomes that meet industry and learner needs.
You must submit a complete renewal application at least 90 days before your registration expiry date.
If ASQA does not receive your complete application by this date, your registration may not be renewed.
ASQA will not consider your application complete until all fees have been paid in full and the payment has cleared.
- For detailed information on the fees associated with registration renewal, please refer to Fees for renewing RTO registration
If your registration expires
If your registration expires your organisation must immediately cease delivering training and assessment and issuing nationally recognised training outcomes.
If you wish to continue operating, submit a written request to ASQA explaining why you did not submit a complete registration renewal application before the 90-day deadline. ASQA may grant a short registration period to reactivate your organisation’s registration. (The granting of this short registration period may incur an additional $800 application fee.) You may then submit a renewal application.
If your registration expires, ASQA will contact you to formalise the closure of your registered training organisation and arrange the collection of all required student records.
You cannot apply to add qualifications, accredited courses or units of competency to your scope of registration using a renewal of registration application.
To add qualifications, accredited courses or units of competency to your scope of registration, you must submit an Application to change scope of RTO registration using asqanet.
The renewal of registration application only allows you to remove qualifications, accredited courses or units of competency from your scope of registration.
- Find out more about applying to add items to your scope of registration.
The time taken to assess your application will increase if you do not:
- Submit your application with the correct fees: ASQA will not begin to assess an application unless all application fees are paid in full.
- Ensure your application is complete: A considerable percentage of applications submitted to ASQA are rejected as incomplete, as they lack mandatory information or supporting evidence. ASQA will not begin reviewing your application until you have submitted a complete application.
- Ensure you can clearly demonstrate compliance with the required standards at audit: Avoid the requirement to submit a response to identified non-compliances. If you are required to submit a response , you have 20 working days in which to do so.