Use the online application system, asqanet, to add one or more training package qualifications, units of competency, or accredited courses to your scope of registration.
For assistance using asqanet, contact the ASQA Info line on 1300 701 801, 9.00 am to 7.00 pm EST, Monday to Friday, or email enquiries [at] asqa.gov.au.
RTOs that apply to add items to their scope of registration must pay a lodgement fee of $500 per application. This fee is the same no matter how many additional items are listed on the application.
ASQA will issue an invoice for this fee when you finalise your change-of-scope application in asqanet. ASQA will not begin assessing your application until this fee is paid in full.
There is no fee for applications to add equivalent training package products to your scope of registration. More information about equivalent training package products is available here.
For a full list of fees and charges, please read the Guide to ASQA fees and charges 2018-19 (PDF).
You cannot offer, deliver or issue a statement of attainment for a unit that is neither:
- a core unit of competency within the packaging rules of a qualification on your scope of registration, nor
- a named elective unit of competency within the packaging rules of a qualification on your scope of registration.
You may only offer, deliver or issue a statement of attainment for such a unit if:
- you have applied to ASQA to have that unit explicitly listed on your scope of registration
- ASQA has approved that application.
For more information, refer to the Fact sheet—delivering elective units.
Your RTO may only add an AQF qualification or assessor skill set from the Training and Education Training Package to your scope if your organisation has:
- held registration for at least two years continuously
- undergone an independent validation of its assessment system, tools, processes and outcomes in accordance with the requirements contained in clause 1.25 of the Standards for RTOs 2015.