Once ASQA approves your application for initial registration, you will be required to pay ASQA annual registration fees.
What are ASQA annual registration fees?
ASQA's annual registration fee is designed to recover the cost of providing a range of regulatory services. These services are available to all providers and are necessary for effective regulation of the vocational education and training (VET) sector.
These services include:
- providing information through the ASQA Info line and enquiries service and the ASQA website
- national data collection and analysis, which enables the development of a risk profile for each provider
- maintaining provider records, and
- processing applications that have no associated fee.
How are ASQA annual registration fees calculated?
Your annual fees are determined by the number of qualifications (including accredited courses) on your scope of registration:
- on the first day of the calendar month after ASQA approves your initial registration application, and then
- every 1 July thereafter.
Annual fees for registered training organisation (RTO) registration are:
- 0 to 4 qualifications (and any number of units of competency) $1130
- 5–10 qualifications (and any number of units of competency) $3220
- 11–60 qualifications (and any number of units of competency) $6975
- 61 or more qualifications (and any number of units of competency) $10,730.
|Example—how a provider’s annual fees are calculated|
An organisation submits an application for initial registration to ASQA. In its application, the organising is seeking approval to deliver five qualifications.
ASQA approves the application. ASQA approves the provider to deliver four qualifications only.
ASQA approves the application on 15 March 2014.
When do I need to pay my annual registration fee?
Once your application is approved, ASQA will invoice you for your first annual registration fee on the first day of the next calendar month. Your first annual registration fee will be calculated on a pro rata basis, as outlined in ‘How are ASQA annual registration fees calculated?’ above.
ASQA will invoice you for all future annual registration fees on 1 July each year.
You must pay all ASQA fees in full within 30 days of ASQA issuing the invoice, unless ASQA explicitly states otherwise.
How can I pay my annual registration fee?
Your invoice will outline the amount to be paid and the available payment methods.
The invoice may be paid by:
- electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- BPAY® (for payments of up to $10,000)
- Visa or MasterCard, or
Providers of courses to overseas students
The above fees relate to registration as an RTO only.
Annual fees for Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) providers are in addition to fees for RTO registration. ASQA will invoice you separately for these fees. Read more about annual fees for CRICOS registration.