The Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015 (the Standards) and clauses relevant to registered training organisations’ (RTOs) regulatory compliance, reporting and governance practice underpin the good management of RTOs—and, as a result, their effective functioning and sustainability as businesses.
These Standards support RTOs to provide high-quality student experiences and learning outcomes.
Under the Standards relevant to regulatory compliance and governance, RTOs are responsible for:
- ensuring authorised executive officers are in place and meet Fit and Proper Person Requirements (clause 7.1)
- satisfying Financial Viability Risk Assessment Requirements (clause 7.2)
- complying and reporting (clauses 2.1 and 8.4 to 8.6)
- recording, monitoring and reporting third-party arrangements (clauses 2.3, 2.4 and 8.3)
- holding public liability insurance (clause 7.4)
- meeting Data Provision Requirements (clause 7.5)
- providing requested information to ASQA (clauses 8.1 and 8.2).