The RTO cooperates with the VET Regulator and is legally compliant at all times.
RTOs need to comply with the requirements of the RTO Standards as well as other relevant Commonwealth, State and Territory legislation. This is critical if RTOs are to deliver training products that have integrity and which fulfil their obligations to their clients.
It is important that third party arrangements are documented and transparent to facilitate the Regulator’s knowledge that such arrangements exist. This will enable them to factor this into the risk profile they apply when enforcing compliance with the Standards and to review, in the context of RTO audits, the terms of the third party arrangements and the effectiveness of the arrangements in facilitating compliance with these Standards.
How Standard Eight benefits:
- Learners are assured each provider is monitored by a regulator that has accurate, up-to-date information about the provider.
- Learners are confident their provider complies with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Learners are aware of requirements that relate to their training.
- Learners can make informed choices about providers using accurate and up-to-date information.
- Employers and other industry stakeholders are assured providers are monitored by a regulator that has accurate, up-to-date information about the provider.
- Governments are assured providers are monitored by a regulator that has accurate, up-to-date information about the provider.
Standard Eight is explained in more detail in this section of the guide, including the RTO’s responsibility to: