Requirements for providers delivering to overseas students in Australia
ASQA is also a regulatory body for delivery of training by providers that are registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS), including those delivering English Language Intensive Courses to Overseas Students (ELICOS).
For more information on CRICOS/ELICOS requirements:
- Additional requirements for delivery of training to overseas students studying in Australia are outlined in the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act). These are specified in the National Code of Practice for Registration Authorities
- and Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2017 (The National Code).
- Refer to the ESOS legislative framework.
- Some training products are registered as ELICOS. These courses and their providers must also comply with the ELICOS National Standards for delivery to overseas students.
Requirements for VET Student Loans–approved providers
VET Student Loans commenced on 1 January 2017, replacing the VET FEE-HELP scheme. The new VET Student Loans program offers greater protection for students and greater focus on courses that address industry needs, creating better opportunities for employment. VET Student Loans offers income-contingent loan support to eligible students studying diploma-level and above VET qualifications.
- VET Student Loans Act 2016
- VET Student Loans Rules 2016
- VET Student Loans webpage, including fact sheets and the VET Student Loans Manual for Providers.
Unique Student Identifier scheme
The Unique Student Identifier (USI) scheme allows students to access a single online repository of their VET achievements from the beginning of 2015.