The Commissioners decided to:
i. reject, under the NVR Act s 17, the application for renewal of registration as an RTO in full, to include:
- CPCCLSF2001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding basic level
- CPCCLSF3001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding intermediate level
- CPCCLSF4001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding advanced level
- CPCCWHS1001 Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- MSMPER200 Work in accordance with an issued permit
- MSMPER205 Enter confined space
- MSMPER300 Issue work permits
- MSMWHS201 Conduct hazard analysis
- MSMWHS217 Gas test atmosphere
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined spaces
- IIWHS204D Work Safely at heights
- TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck
- TLILIC2005 Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more).
with effect 35 calendar days after the date the RTO is given written notice of the decision.
The decision has been stayed by the AAT on an interim basis subject to the following condition:
- The Applicant must not enrol or commence (including for the purpose of completing Recognised Prior Leaning) students for or in any VET course.
The Tribunal has refused to stay the implementation and operation of the decision. A SQA’s decision stands and takes effect from 26 January 2019.