ASQA’s 2016 program of training provider and course owner briefing sessions is now in full swing. To date sessions have been held in Sydney, Darwin, Perth, Alice Springs, Melbourne, Canberra and Brisbane. A further 25 sessions will be held through to 2 June. The training provider briefing sessions cover a range of topics including:
- current risk areas in the VET sector
- compliance issues
- validation of assessment
- the temporary extension to transition periods
- the updated TAE Training Package
- data reporting requirements, and
- the new-look ASQAnet, which is currently being developed.
The course owner sessions will look at:
- the course accreditation process
- compliance with the VET Accredited Course Design Standards, and
- developing enterprise units of competency.
All sessions have been designed to ensure attendees have the opportunity to seek information and guidance about complying with the relevant Standards (RTO and VET Accredited Courses).
While close to 5000 people have already registered to attend one of the sessions, there are still seats available in some sessions. For more information, or to register to attend an event, visit http://asqa.eventbrite.com/