On 1 January 2015 the Unique Student Identifier (USI) came into effect. This means that as of 1 January this year, before you can issue a VET qualification, statement of attainment or a testamur, your RTO must record and verify a USI for each student.
- The USI will make it easier for students to find and collate their VET achievements into a single authenticated transcript. It will also ensure that students' VET records are not lost.
- The implementation of the USI includes reporting changes for training organisations, including the requirement to incorporate the USI into your 2015 reporting. See the National VET Provider Collection Data Requirements for more information
- If you have not yet set up access to the USI registry system, find out more about setting up access to the USI Registry System.
- Read responses to frequently asked questions about the USI for training providers.
- Find out about USI exemptions.
The USI office is administered by the Australian Government Department of Industry. For more information please visit usi.gov.au. You can also contact the USI office at usi [at] industry.gov.au