The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) advises that it has recently made the following regulatory decisions:
Cancellation of registration as a provider of vocational education and training (VET) services:
- Clover Educations (RTO ID 41024) trading as Cool Body Institute of Massage
- AITE Pty Ltd (RTO ID 41202) trading as Australian Institute of Technical Education
- Get Qualified Australia-Adelaide Pty Ltd (RTO ID 41068) trading as Get Qualified Australia Trades Academy and Get Qualified Trades Academy
- Get Qualified Australia-Canberra Pty Ltd (RTO ID 41093) trading as Get Qualified Australia College
- Get Qualified Australia-Brisbane Pty Ltd (RTO ID 41094) trading as Get Qualified Australia Institute
All decisions are to take effect from 6 March 2017.
ASQA—the national VET regulator—has taken these decisions following regulatory scrutiny of each training provider. ASQA contends that each provider has not operated consistently with the applicable requirements of the VET Quality Framework, which is a condition of registration.
Training providers subject to an adverse regulatory decision have the right to have the decision reviewed. A provider may, in certain circumstances, apply to have ASQA itself reconsider its decision. In all cases, providers can apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) to have ASQA’s decision reviewed. More information about review options is available on the ASQA website.
During a review or reconsideration process, the provider may seek a stay of the decision or an extension of the date the decision takes effect which permits the provider to continue to operate until the review process is finalised.
The ASQA website contains up-to-date information on the status of any review processes. It is advisable to check the website to obtain current information concerning the status of regulatory decisions.