The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) advises that it has recently made the following regulatory decision:
Cancellation of registration as a provider of vocational education and training (VET) services:
- Pacific International College Pty Ltd (RTO number 32510) trading as Technical Institute of Australia International. Decision to take effect from 20 July 2017.
ASQA—the national VET regulator—has taken this decision following regulatory scrutiny of the training provider. ASQA contends the provider has not operated consistently with the requirements of the VET Quality Framework, which is a condition of registration.
ASQA also advises that it has made the following regulatory decisions because of the non-payment of fees:
Cancellation of registration as a provider of VET services:
- Balaska Pty Ltd (RTO number 41186)
- Cutting Edge Training Solutions Pty Ltd (RTO number 41321) trading as Cutting Edge Group
- Downer EDI Rail Pty Ltd (RTO number 91391)
- Echo Entertainment RTO Pty Ltd (RTO number 40866)
- Echobreeze Pty Ltd (RTO number 31742) trading as AETECH Driver Trainer Heavy Vehicles
- Enhanced Training Services Pty Ltd (RTO number 40351)
- Family Day Care Plus Pty Ltd (RTO 41470) trading as A Plus Training and Consulting Institute
- Fishers Stores Consolidated Pty Ltd (RTO 110073) trading as Fishers Academy
- Harbour City College Pty Ltd (RTO number 41502)
- Imagineering Training Pty Ltd (RTO number 40625)
- Jasbro Services Pty Ltd (RTO number 41478) trading as St Paul’s Institute of VET
- National Institute of Management Pty Ltd (RTO number 41324)
- Ozwide Skills Training Centre Pty Ltd (RTO number 40899)
- Queensland Training Academy Pty Ltd (RTO number 41453) trading as Edward Institute of Higher Studies
- Sempcom Petroleum Transport Training Pty Ltd (RTO number 21928)
- Strategic Training Solutions Pty Ltd (RTO number 90086)
- Thoan Pty Ltd (RTO number 21621) trading as Australian Management Academy
- Worksafe Training Centre Pty Ltd (RTO number 22105)
- These decisions are to take effect from 24 July 2017.
- The date of effect for the following decisions is 27 July 2017:
- Eastern Suburbs Business Enterprise Centre Ltd (RTO number 7023)
- Titan Training Group Pty Ltd (RTO number 40886)
Training providers subject to an adverse regulatory decision have the right to have the decision reviewed. A provider may, in certain circumstances, apply to have ASQA itself reconsider its decision. In all cases, providers can apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) to have ASQA’s decision reviewed. More information about review options is available on the ASQA website.
During a review or reconsideration process, the provider may seek a stay of the decision or an extension of the date the decision takes effect which permits the provider to continue to operate until the review process is finalised.
The ASQA website contains up-to-date information on the status of any review processes. It is advisable to check the website to obtain current information concerning the status of regulatory decisions.