The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) advises that it has recently made the following regulatory decisions.
Cancellation of registration as a provider of vocational education and training (VET) services
- Australian Workplace Training Association Pty Ltd (RTO number 45134). Decision to take effect from 9 October 2018.
- Mountainview Training Pty Ltd (RTO number 32392, trading as MVT Management Institute of Australia). Decision to take effect from 17 October 2018.
- Fitness Training Academy Pty Ltd (RTO number 32417, trading as Fitness Training Academy, Fitta Nutrition, and Fitta Business). Decision to take effect from 17 October 2018.
Rejection of application to renew registration as a provider of VET services
- Kase Enterprises Pty Ltd (RTO number 2973). Decision to take effect from 17 October 2018.
Suspension of registration as a provider of VET services
- Qamar Enterprises Aust Co Pty Ltd (RTO number 41421, trading as Grace Academy Australia). Decision to take effect from 18 October 2018.
Click on the hyperlink to see additional information and updates for each decision.
ASQA, the national VET regulator, has taken these decisions following regulatory scrutiny of each training provider. ASQA contends that the providers have not operated consistently with the requirements of the VET Quality Framework, which is a condition of registration.
Training providers subject to an adverse regulatory decision have the right to have the decision reviewed. A provider may, in certain circumstances, apply to have ASQA itself reconsider its decision. Where available, providers can apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) to have ASQA’s decision reviewed. More information about review options is available on the ASQA website.
During a review or reconsideration process, the provider may seek a stay of the decision or an extension of the date the decision takes effect which permits the provider to continue to operate until the review process is finalised. The ASQA website contains up-to-date information on the status of any review processes. It is advisable to check the website to obtain current information concerning the status of regulatory decisions.