The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) advises that it has recently made the following regulatory decisions:
Cancellation of registration as a provider of vocational education and training (VET) services:
- Aus-Com Training Services Pty Ltd (RTO number 52317; trading as Aus-Com Training Services). Decision to take effect on 3 May 2017.
- Ausietech Investments Pty Ltd (RTO number 91370; trading as Australian College of Management & Technology). Decision to take effect from 16 June 2017.
- Professional Training College Pty Ltd (RTO number 40962). Decision to take effect 15 June 2017.
- Nailtech Training Pty Ltd (RTO number 91292). Decision to take effect from 3 May 2017.
- Project Management Partners Pty Ltd (RTO number 40974). Decision to take effect on 25 May 2017.
Suspension of registration as a provider of VET services:
- Co-ordinated Support Services Pty Ltd (RTO number 40929; trading as Co-ordinated Training Solutions. Decision to take effect from 22 May 2017.
Rejection of application to re-register as a provider of VET services:
- Smith & Georg Pty Ltd (RTO number 4314). Decision to take effect from 25 May 2017.
ASQA—the national VET regulator—has taken these decisions following regulatory scrutiny of each training provider. ASQA contends that each provider has not operated consistently with the applicable requirements of the VET Quality Framework, which is a condition of registration.
Training providers subject to an adverse regulatory decision have the right to have the decision reviewed. A provider may, in certain circumstances, apply to have ASQA itself reconsider its decision. In all cases, providers can apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) to have ASQA’s decision reviewed. More information about review options is available on the ASQA website.
During a review or reconsideration process, the provider may seek a stay of the decision or an extension of the date the decision takes effect which permits the provider to continue to operate until the review process is finalised.
The ASQA website contains up-to-date information on the status of any review processes. It is advisable to check the website to obtain current information concerning the status of regulatory decisions.