The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) will host its annual Training Provider Briefing Sessions across Australia from late April.
A total of 24 sessions will be held in 13 locations across Australia. ASQA will also host three online sessions to ensure that all providers, including those from rural areas, can attend.
The briefings will include a range of topics and offer those working in the VET sector a chance to learn more about ASQA’s current regulatory strategies and priorities. You’ll also have the opportunity to ask senior ASQA officers your questions.
The key focus of this year’s sessions will be ASQA’s student-centred audit approach and what this means for training providers.
The sessions will also discuss common areas of non-compliance including:
- assessment practices
- amount of training
- industry engagement relating to training and assessment
- validation of assessment practices.
Please visit our Eventbrite page to register for an event and receive an e-ticket, which will include all the details you’ll need to attend the event. Places are free and open to staff from training providers, VET sector consultants and others working in or with the VET sector.
We look forward to seeing you there!
About registering to attend a session
- Each attendee must be individually registered.
- As places are limited, we kindly request that people do not register to attend multiple events. Each event will cover the same information and, as such, duplicate registrations may be cancelled to allow all interested people to attend.
- Please cancel your ticket if you cannot make it to the event.
- If you are registering on behalf of colleagues, you must provide a name and individual contact information for each attendee—as not providing this means attendees will not receive their personalised ticket, event details or follow-up information, multiple registrations made using the same contact details may be cancelled.
- If the event you want to attend is booked out, please register your interest and you will be added to a waiting list. Alternatively, you can choose to attend one of the webinars. The webinars will be recorded and available for viewing via ASQA’s YouTube channel from June 2017.
- Where there is a high level of demand for places at some events, ASQA reserves the right to limit the number of attendees from one provider or organisation. The sessions are most suitable for employees directly involved in management or compliance or senior training staff. If your organisation has a large number of employees who are interested in the session content, these employees are advised to attend an online event or view event video on our YouTube channel.