Accurate and complete data is essential to the effective functioning of Australia’s VET sector and is an obligation for all RTOs under the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015.
Each ASQA-registered RTO must meet mandatory annual data submission requirements, including:
- submitting the annual declaration on compliance to ASQA
- submitting total VET activity (TVA) data, including reporting unique student identifier (USI) data.
Submitting your 2018 annual declaration on compliance
The Standards require each RTO to provide ASQA with an annual declaration on their RTO’s compliance.
If you are an RTO CEO, ASQA will notify you by email soon of your obligation to complete this declaration and provide a link to the online form. Please check your details on training.gov.au to ensure that ASQA has access to your current email address to ensure you receive this invite.
When you submit this declaration, you are confirming to ASQA that you:
- systematically monitor your RTO’s compliance
- implement preventive and corrective actions where considered necessary.
The declaration also asks you to confirm that records pertaining to your RTO as reflected on training.gov.au, are accurate and up to date.
Reporting your 2017 total VET activity data in 2018
All RTOs have an obligation to report to the VET national provider collection (that is, to complete AVETMISS reporting).
Unless an exemption applies, your RTO must report:
- all VET student enrolment activity conducted in 2017
- all award issuance activity conducted in 2017.
Your RTO is required to report any VET activity, including:
- activity that attracts government funding and activity that does not attract government funding
- activity that is conducted in Australia or overseas.
If you have not reported data through a state training authority or board of school studies, you must report directly to NCVER. NCVER’s web-based AVETMISS Validation Software system accepts reporting until 28 February 2018.
RTOs that conducted no student enrolment, training delivery or award issuance activity throughout 2017 are also required to report to NCVER.
Your RTO is required to meet these data provision requirements as a condition of registration. ASQA may impose regulatory penalties if your RTO does not meet these data provision requirements.
- More information about AVETMISS reporting is available from NCVER at AVETMISS Support for RTOs.