On 26 September 2014, the Council of Australian Governments (COAG) Industry and Skills Council agreed to new regulatory standards for training providers and regulators.
To download the new standards, and for information about how the Australian Government’s reform agenda is moving the vocational education and training (VET) system towards a more modern and responsive regulatory framework, visit the Department of Industry’s VET Reform website.
As the national regulator for vocational education and training, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) will provide information and guidance on the new standards for registered training organisations (RTOs) and other stakeholders in the sector.
This information and guidance will initially include:
- a guide to the Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- a series of 27 intensive information sessions in 17 locations across Australia specifically for RTOs
- targeted information sessions for non-RTO VET sector stakeholders in early December, and
- enhanced information about the standards on the ASQA website.
An online version of the guide is now available.
The invite-only RTO Information Sessions began on 5 November and are running for the next month. Places at these sessions are limited to the CEOs (plus one additional attendee) from each ASQA-registered RTO.
Anyone can now register to attend an Online Information Session. These are full-day webinars and cover the same material as the face-to-face RTO Information Sessions:
- Wednesday 12 November 2014, 9.00 am – 4.30 pm (Melbourne time—AEDT)
- Thursday 27 November, 9.00 am – 4.30 pm (Brisbane time—AEST)
- Monday 1 December, 9.00 am – 4.30 pm (Sydney time—AEST)
An announcement about the VET Stakeholder and Consultant Information Sessions will be made shortly.
The new standards will be implemented from 1 January 2015 for new RTOs and 1 April 2015 for existing RTOs.