Dear RTO CEO,
The Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015 will be fully implemented from 1 April 2015 for existing RTOs.
The purpose of this letter is to remind you that all RTOs must be compliant with the new Standards from Wednesday and remain compliant at all times.
There are a number of differences between the new Standards and the Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations 2012, including more detail about assessment, new obligations around third-party arrangements, clearer and more detailed requirements around marketing, and new requirements around trainers and assessors.
ASQA has published a number of resources to help RTOs make the transition to the new Standards, including–
- a comprehensive users’ guide to the new Standards
- a dedicated website providing a one-stop-shop for all information and resources relating to the new Standards
- a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) based on feedback received from the RTO Information Sessions held in November 2014 and calls received through the ASQA Info Line (1300 701 801)
- detailed transition and mapping information to assist RTOs with implementing the new Standards
- copies of the various presentations made at the RTO Information Sessions
- videos of the various presentations made at the RTO Information Sessions, including–
ASQA will be publishing additional resources relating to the new Standards in the coming weeks.
As always, RTOs with specific enquiries relating to the new Standards can contact the ASQA Info Line on 1300 701 801 or enquiries [at] asqa.gov.au.
Chief Commissioner and
Chief Executive Officer
Australian Skills Quality Authority