Regulatory decisions update
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) advises that it has recently made the following regulatory decisions:
Cancellation of registration as a provider of vocational education and training (VET) services:
- 5 Star Training Institute Pty Ltd – RTO ID 41132;
- AJK Image Pty Ltd as trustee for The Nicole Kratzmann Family Trust – RTO ID 31807 trading as AKISS (Advanced Knowledge in Skin Science);
- Australia-Wide Business Training Pty Ltd – RTO ID 20992;
- Childs Training Pty Ltd as the trustee for the Childs Family Trust – RTO ID 30956 trading as Quality Unlimited;
- Clear Fountain Pty Ltd – RTO 41048 trading as NITE School and Nationwide Instructors, Trainers and Educators;
- DJ Howle Pty Ltd – RTO ID 91702 trading as Onsite Training Services;
- Entertrain Institute of Technology Pty Ltd – RTO ID 21169 trading as Entertain Interactive Pty Ltd;
- Excellent Training Institute Pty Ltd – RTO 40923;
- June Dally-Watkins Pty Ltd – RTO 91435;
- Master Group (Aust.) Pty Ltd – RTO 40938 trading as Master Group;
- Optimal Progression Pty Ltd – RTO 40598; and
- Todd Rutherford – RTO 32499 trading as Drilling Skills Australia.
All decisions are to take effect from 1 February 2017.
ASQA—the national VET regulator—has taken these decisions following regulatory scrutiny of each training provider. ASQA contends that each provider has not operated consistently with the applicable requirements of the VET Quality Framework, which is a condition of registration.
Training providers subject to an adverse regulatory decision have the right to have the decision reviewed. A provider may, in certain circumstances, apply to have ASQA itself reconsider its decision. In all cases, providers can apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) to have ASQA’s decision reviewed. More information about review options is available on the ASQA website.
During a review or reconsideration process, the provider may seek a stay of the decision or an extension of the date the decision takes effect which permits the provider to continue to operate until the review process is finalised.
The ASQA website contains up-to-date information on the status of any review processes. It is advisable to check the website to obtain current information concerning the status of regulatory decisions.