Regulatory decisions update
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) has cancelled the registration of 19 training providers after they failed to provide important training data, their annual declaration on compliance, or both.
Each registered training organisation (RTO) is required to submit data of its Total VET Activity (TVA) conducted in the previous calendar year and a declaration on its compliance with the Standards for RTOs each year. The deadline to provide each was 31 March 2017.
“The overwhelming majority of training providers complied with the requirements and submitted both their TVA data and declaration on compliance,” ASQA Chief Commissioner Mark Paterson said.
“ASQA’s decision to cancel the registration of these providers follows repeated reminders giving ample opportunity to meet the requirements as well as notices of intention issued prior to the cancellation decision being made.”
TVA data and the declaration on compliance are used by ASQA and other agencies to inform regulatory activity and overall management of the VET sector.
Registration cancelled for not reporting 2016 TVA data and annual declaration on compliance:
- Agritas Trade College Pty Ltd as trustee for the Trade College Unit Trust (RTO number 41239, trading as Agritas Trade College Pty Ltd)
- Australia China Investment Research Centre Pty Ltd (RTO number 41384, trading as International Business School of Sydney)
- Easy Training Solutions Pty Ltd (RTO number 41221)
- Mix Telematics Australasia Pty Ltd (RTO number 52023)
- On-Focus Inc (RTO number 91736, trading as On-Focus Incorporated)
- Regent Taxis Limited (RTO number 32349), and
- Royal Queensland Aero Club (RTO number 5432, trading as Airline Academy of Australia, Royal Queensland Aero Club).
Registration cancelled for not reporting annual declaration on compliance only:
- AACAT Pty Ltd (RTO number 40757, trading as Oceania Assessment and Training Experts)
- Advanced Skills Institute Pty Ltd (RTO number 41140)
- ATAE Pty Ltd (RTO number 5832)
- BBT Training Australia Pty Ltd (RTO number 91395)
- Bricklayer Training Australia Ltd (RTO number 40755, trading as Bricklayer Training Australia)
- Oceania Training Institute Pty Ltd (RTO number 41317)
- St Stephen Institute of Education Pty Ltd (RTO number 22336, trading as St Stephen Institute of Technology), and
- SWAT Stokes Workplace Assessment Training Group Pty Ltd (RTO number 40249, trading as SAPOT, SAPOT Heavy Vehicle Driver Training, South Australian Plant Operator Training).
Registration cancelled for not reporting 2016 TVA data only:
- Acert Training Pty Ltd as trustee for the Acert Training Unit Trust (RTO number 41115)
- Iron Gym Pty Ltd (RTO number 41243, trading as Tuf Skills Institute of Learning [TUFSIL])
- National College of Business Pty Ltd (RTO number 31066, trading as National College of Business), and
- Tonbridge Institute Pty Ltd (RTO number 41378).
NOTE: Click on the hyperlink for each provider to view the full published information on the decision.
All decisions take effect on 1 November 2017.
Training providers subject to an adverse regulatory decision have the right to have the decision reviewed. A provider may, in certain circumstances, apply to have ASQA itself reconsider its decision. In all cases, providers can apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) to have ASQA’s decision reviewed. More information about review options is available on the ASQA website.
During a review or reconsideration process, the provider may seek a stay of the decision or an extension of the date the decision takes effect which permits the provider to continue to operate until the review process is finalised.
The ASQA website contains up-to-date information on the status of any review processes. It is advisable to check the website to obtain current information concerning the status of regulatory decisions.