Regulatory decisions update
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) advises that it has made the following regulatory decisions.
Cancellation of registration as a provider of vocational education and training (VET) services:
- ALMA INSTITUTE PTY. LTD. (RTO number 41459)
- Alternative Training Pty Ltd (RTO number 45355)
- AUSTRALIA TRAINING PTY. LTD. (RTO number 41198)
- Australian Education & Training Solutions Pty Ltd, trading as Australian Education and Learning institute (RTO number 91198)
- AUSTRALIAN SOUTHERN STAR TRAINING INSTITUTE PTY LTD, trading as Australian Southern Star Training Institute (RTO number 40912)
- CASS Training Pty Ltd, trading as Cass Training International College (RTO number 90309)
- Pathway Training Academy Pty Ltd (RTO number 41513)
- THOMAS INSTITUTE PTY LTD (RTO number 41234)
- VIN International Pty Limited, trading as Institute of Business, Sydney (RTO number 41376)
Rejection of renewal of registration as a provider of VET services:
- Norgrove Training Pty Ltd (RTO number 40128)
- Pacific Flight Services Pty Ltd, trading as Pacific Flight Services Pty Ltd (RTO number 1269)
Click on the hyperlink to see additional information and updates for each decision.
ASQA, the national VET regulator, has taken these decisions following regulatory scrutiny of each training provider. ASQA contends that the providers have not operated consistently with the requirements of the VET Quality Framework, which is a condition of registration.
Training providers subject to an adverse regulatory decision have the right to have the decision reviewed. A provider may, in certain circumstances, apply to have ASQA reconsider its decision. Where available, providers can apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) to have ASQA’s decision reviewed. More information about review options is available on the ASQA website.
During a review or reconsideration process, the provider may seek a stay of the decision or an extension of the date the decision takes effect, which may permit the provider to continue to operate until the review process is finalised. The ASQA website contains up-to-date information on the status of any review processes. It is advisable to check the website to obtain current information concerning the status of regulatory decisions.