Regulatory decisions update
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) advises that it has recently made the following regulatory decisions:
Cancellation of registration as a provider of vocational education and training (VET) services:
- Kingsbury College of Education Pty Ltd (RTO number 41387). Decision to take effect from 15 September 2017;
- Right Move Training Institute Pty Ltd (RTO number 41023). Decision to take effect from 18 September 2017;
- ACTA College Pty Ltd (RTO number 40954, trading as Australian College of Training and Assessment). Decision to take effect from 19 September 2017;
- Dent Pro Services Pty Ltd (RTO number 40632, trading as Institute of Building Technology). Decision to take effect from 19 September 2017;
- iGrow Family Day Day Care Pty Ltd (RTO number 41040, trading as iGrow Training Centre). Decision to take effect from 19 September 2017; and
- Central Coast Business College Pty Ltd (RTO number 40876, trading as Australian Institute of Management Training. Decision to take effect from 19 September 2017.
ASQA - the national VET regulator - has taken these decisions following regulatory scrutiny of each training provider. ASQA contends that the providers have not operated consistently with the requirements of the VET Quality Framework, which is a condition of registration.
Training providers subject to an adverse regulatory decision have the right to have the decision reviewed. A provider may, in certain circumstances, apply to have ASQA itself reconsider its decision. In all cases, providers can apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) to have ASQA’s decision reviewed. More information about review options is available on the ASQA website.
During a review or reconsideration process, the provider may seek a stay of the decision or an extension of the date the decision takes effect which permits the provider to continue to operate until the review process is finalised.
The ASQA website contains up-to-date information on the status of any review processes. It is advisable to check the website to obtain current information concerning the status of regulatory decisions.