Regulatory decisions update
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) advises that it has recently made the following regulatory decisions:
Cancellation of registration as a provider of vocational education and training (VET) services:
- Wise Education Group Pty Ltd ATF Wise Education Trust (RTO number 91447, trading as Wise Education Group). Decision to take effect from 10 October 2017;
- Nextstep Resources Pty Ltd (RTO number 40881, trading as New Direction Training). Decision to take effect from 10 October 2017;
- Big Future Training Institute Pty Ltd (RTO number 40910). Decision to take effect from 10 October 2017;
- Western Institute of Technology Pty Ltd (RTO number 22098, trading as Western Institute of Technology). Decision to take effect from 12 October 2017; and
- Sher-E-Punjab Pty Ltd (RTO number 21967, trading as South Pacific Institute). Decision to take effect from 12 October 2017
ASQA - the national VET regulator - has taken these decisions following regulatory scrutiny of each training provider. ASQA contends that the providers have not operated consistently with the requirements of the VET Quality Framework, which is a condition of registration.
Training providers subject to an adverse regulatory decision have the right to have the decision reviewed. A provider may, in certain circumstances, apply to have ASQA itself reconsider its decision. In all cases, providers can apply to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) to have ASQA’s decision reviewed. More information about review options is available on the ASQA website.
During a review or reconsideration process, the provider may seek a stay of the decision or an extension of the date the decision takes effect which permits the provider to continue to operate until the review process is finalised.
The ASQA website contains up-to-date information on the status of any review processes. It is advisable to check the website to obtain current information concerning the status of regulatory decisions.