Use our 2022 checklists to stay on top of your obligations
The ASQA 2022 RTO and ESOS obligations checklists will help providers stay on top of reporting obligations. Our new ESOS obligations checklist is also suitable for ELICOS providers.
Downloadable and printable, the checklists contain key dates to keep track of your reporting requirements to remain compliant.
(Information for RTO providers)
(Information for ESOS & ELICOS providers)
Ensure we can contact you
Has your CEO’s email address or your registration email address changed in the last year? It is a good idea to also provide a mobile number so you can receive text message reminders for important regulatory matters.
- RTO Providers:
- Update your contact details on asqanet
- ESOS Providers:
- Review information about your organisation on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students. If the information is not accurate, contact us.
Know your registration expiry date so you can submit your renewal on time
- Renewal applications open 12 months prior to registration expiry and close 90 days before expiry. Get in early to avoid delays.
- Keep your registration up to date by checking when your organisation’s registration expires on asqanet.asqa.gov.au, training.gov.au or PRISMS.
- ESOS and ELICOS providers should review information about your organisation on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students. If the information is not accurate, contact us.
RTOs: meet your data provision requirements
There are 3 key data collections for RTOs in 2022:
1. Total VET Activity AVETMISS data
- Every RTO needs to report Total VET Activity (TVA) AVETMISS data for 2021 to NCVER by Monday 28 February 2022 even if no training was provided.
- TVA data provides reliable insights about delivery, student participation and sector performance, so is very important to our sector.
- Your RTO needs to meet these data provision requirements as a condition of registration. If you require assistance submitting your TVA data, please contact NCVER at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Annual Declaration on Compliance
In February 2022, we will invite the Chief Executive Officers of RTOs, by email, to complete the Annual Declaration on Compliance. This needs to be completed by 31 March 2022.
- Completing the declaration will help you in your practice of self-assurance, supporting your training delivery and improving outcomes for students.
- We use the information received through annual declarations to help identify systemic risks to the quality of VET delivery and to ensure we hold correct information about each RTO’s operations.
- Please ensure that the contact person listed, such as your CEO, on training.gov.au is accurate. To update your contact person, please complete a ‘minor change’ request.
3. Quality indicator data
Providers need to submit the 2021 quality indicator data by 30 June 2022 to email@example.com. If you participated in the VET Student Experience Survey in the 2021 calendar year you only need to provide employer data.
- The Data Provision Requirements 2020 require all RTOs registered with ASQA to provide an annual summary report of their performance against learner engagement and employer satisfaction quality indicators.
- This data feeds into national quality benchmarking and is useful to support your training organisation’s self-assurance and continuous improvement.
- To find out more about submission requirements and templates, visit the quality indicators annual summary page.
Pay your annual registration charge
- ASQA will begin operating as a full cost recovery agency from 1 July 2022. Following 2 years of fee waiver as part of the COVID-19 relief package, we will invoice your organisation with the annual registration charge in July, with 30 days to make payment. Read more about the annual registration charge here.
- ESOS providers should pay your annual registration charge for to the Department of Education, Skills and Employment. If you are an RTO registered with ASQA, this charge is additional to the annual registration charge payable to ASQA.
- ELICOS-only providers – some fees and charges are waived until 31 December 2022.