ASQA is responsible for the approval and registration of English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) courses on Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) except where the ELICOS course is delivered:
- by the provider in its capacity as a school
- by the provider in its capacity as a higher education provider, or
- under an ‘entry arrangement’ with at least one higher education provider.
Apply for initial CRICOS registration to offer an ELICOS course
New applicants wishing to be registered on CRICOS to offer ELICOS courses to overseas students must apply to ASQA using asqanet.
You will need to demonstrate compliance with legislative requirements under the:
- Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000 (ESOS Act)
- Education Services for Overseas Students Regulations 2001 (ESOS Regulations)
- National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (National Code)
- ELICOS Standards 2018.
Apply to add an ELICOS course to an existing CRICOS registration
If you are currently registered as a CRICOS provider, you should apply to ASQA using asqanet.
In addition to meeting current obligations as a CRICOS-registered provider, to add an ELICOS course to your existing registration you will need to demonstrate compliance with the ELICOS Standards 2018.