- What are ASQA annual CRICOS registration fees?
- How are ASQA annual CRICOS registration fees calculated?
- When do I need to pay my ASQA annual CRICOS registration fee?
- How can I pay my ASQA annual CRICOS registration fee?
Once ASQA approves your application for initial registration as a Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) provider, you will be required to pay ASQA annual registration fees.
Providers registered to deliver both CRICOS and vocational education and training (VET) courses should be aware that annual ASQA CRICOS registration fees are in addition to your annual registered training organisation (RTO) registration fees. ASQA will invoice you separately for these annual fees.
The annual registration fee is designed to recover the cost of providing a range of regulatory services. These services are available to all providers and are necessary for the effective regulation of the international education sector.
These services include:
- providing information, including through the ASQA Info line and enquiries service, and the ASQA website
- maintaining provider records, and
- processing applications that have no associated fee.
Your annual fees are determined by the number of qualifications (including accredited courses) on your scope of registration:
- on the first day of the calendar month following ASQA’s approval of your registration, and
- every 1 July thereafter.
Annual fees for CRICOS registration are:
- Up to 2 qualifications $950
- 3–4 qualifications $1645
- 5–50 qualifications $4375
- 51 or more qualifications $7100
|Example—how a provider’s annual CRICOS registration fees are calculated|
An organisation, already registered as an RTO, submits an application for initial CRICOS registration to ASQA. In its application, the organisation seeks approval to deliver three qualifications to overseas students.
ASQA approves the application on 15 March 2014. ASQA approves the provider to deliver two qualifications only.
When do I need to pay my annual registration fee?
Once your application is approved, ASQA will invoice you for your first annual registration fee on the first day of the next calendar month. Your first annual registration fee will be calculated on a pro rata basis, as outlined in How are ASQA annual CRICOS registration fees calculated? above
ASQA will invoice you for all future CRICOS annual registration fees in July each year.
Your invoice will outline the amount to be paid and the payment methods.
The invoice may be paid by:
- electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Visa or MasterCard, or
You must pay your annual fees within 30 days of ASQA issuing the invoice, unless ASQA explicitly states otherwise.
ASQA does not currently offer BPAY® payment for CRICOS-related fees.