- Course accreditation
- Users’ guide to Standards for VET Accredited Courses
- Standard 10.15 – Course monitoring and evaluation
Standard 10.15 – Course monitoring and evaluation
VET accredited courses must identify course monitoring and evaluation processes which will ensure that the course content and outcomes are revised and remain current and relevant throughout the period of accreditation.
This Standard relates to Section B: 9.1 of the National course document template.
This section requires you to describe the process for monitoring and evaluating the course throughout the accreditation period, to maintain its relevance and currency.
Monitoring and evaluation activities would include:
- the course development committee undertaking periodic reviews of course content and outcomes
- seeking feedback and conducting surveys of training providers, employers, and graduates
- conducting trend analyses of the industry and identifying emerging trends
- regular liaison with regulatory/industry association and peak bodies
- if a course contains training package units of competency, a review of parent training packages to ensure currency.
The information provided should not relate to the outcomes of assessment moderation/validation activities, unless these concern monitoring and evaluating course content and outcomes.