Course owners can apply to make amendments to a VET accredited course during its accreditation period.
- Your application must provide evidence that, if amended, the course will remain relevant and continue to with the Standards for VET Accredited Courses 2012 and the Australian Qualifications Framework.
- If ASQA approves amendments, you are responsible for informing individuals and organisations that have permission to use the course about the amendments.
- If the proposed amendments will significantly alter the course outcomes, ASQA may require you to submit an application to accredit a new course. Information on how ASQA assesses the significance of amendments to accredited courses is shown below.
Use the Application to amend an accredited course (PDF). Submit the completed form to courses [at] asqa.gov.au.
There are two fees for amending an accredited course:
- The fee for a minor amendment is $1,145.
- The fee for a major amendment is $2,290.
Examples of minor amendments to VET accredited courses include:
- Amendment to VET accredited courses that include training package units in the course structure that have been superseded and are deemed equivalent
- Amendment to VET accredited courses that include training packages units deemed not equivalent but do not impact on the outcome of the course
- Amendment to wording in sections of the VET accredited course document to reflect current industry practices/requirements, entry requirements, assessment strategy including performance evidence, trainer/assessor requirements.
Examples of major amendments to VET accredited courses include:
- Amendment to VET accredited courses that include training package units that have been deleted from the parent training package
- Amendment to VET accredited courses to include additional training package units as electives that do not impact on the outcome of the course
- Amendment to VET accredited courses to include additional enterprise units as elective options that do not impact on the outcome of the course.
For further information on whether a proposed amendment would be classified as minor or major, email accreditation [at] asqa.gov.au.
For a full list of fees and charges, please read the Guide to ASQA’s fees and charges 2018-19 (PDF).
ASQA will usually issue a notification of its decision within 40 working days of receiving a complete application.
In certain circumstances, ASQA may initiate amendments to a VET accredited course. ASQA will notify you if it initiates an amendment to your course.