ASQA information sessions on new standards
8 October 2014
Industry Minister Ian Macfarlane has today announced the details of information sessions to be hosted by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) in November.
In line with the Australian Government’s commitment to reduce the regulatory burden on business, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) is delivering a package of regulatory reforms which includes:
- enhanced information and guidance for training providers to assist them in complying with the required national standards
- reduced regulatory scrutiny on providers with a track record of compliance, and
- a sharper regulatory focus on providers who remain seriously non-compliant with the required standards.
To coincide with the implementation of new National Standards from 1 January 2015 for new RTOs and 1 April 2015 for existing RTOs, ASQA is holding 27 information sessions in 17 metropolitan and regional cities during November. The details of the sessions are:
- Adelaide – November 13 & 14
- Alice Springs – November 18
- Bendigo – November 13
- Brisbane – November 19, 25 & 27 and December 2
- Cairns – November 21
- Canberra – November 5
- Coffs Harbour – November 20
- Darwin – November 6
- Devonport – November 20
- Gold Coast – November 28
- Hobart – November 21
- Launceston – November 19
- Melbourne – November 11, 12 & 18
- Mount Gambier – November 12
- Perth – November 6 & 7
- Sydney – November 10, 18 & 21 and December 1
- Wollongong – November 11
These full-day, interactive information sessions are targeted at CEOs and Training Managers and will provide guidance on the new standards and how ASQA will regulate against them. In addition, workshopping sessions will be held on key topics such as assessment and marketing.
Capacity at each venue is limited so each RTO will initially only be able to register two (2) attendees. Depending on demand, additional seats may be made available.
Please note, registration for all of these events opens from 8.30 and the sessions commence promptly at 9.00 am.
In an effort to ensure that all providers have access to the information and guidance being delivered at the sessions, ASQA will be simultaneously live-streaming three of the Information Sessions. Providers will be able to view these sessions online via webcast with the resulting videos and relevant presentation materials being made available on the ASQA website after the events.